What is a home screen shortcut?
Your smartphone isn't just for apps. You can create shortcuts to your favorite websites (like NacNewsNow.com) too!
Here are simple instructions on how you can stay up-to-date on breaking news in Nacogdoches with the touch of an icon.
- Open the Safari browser
- Navigate to the website you want to pin to the Home Screen
- Then tap the Share icon at the bottom (it looks like a square with an arrow pointing up.)
- Then tap Add to Home Screen from the menu (you may have to scroll down to see the text).
- The icon should then appear on your home screen
- Open the Chrome browser
- Navigate to the website you want to create a shortcut for
- Tap the three-dot menu in the top left corner
- Tap “Add to Home screen” and a shortcut icon will appear on your home screen