Notice of Meeting and Agenda
Parks and Recreation Advisory Board
Monday, September 25th, 2023 – 4:00 P.M.
Nacogdoches Recreation Center
1112 North St., Nacogdoches, TX 75961
Please Note: A quorum of the Nacogdoches City Council may attend the above stated board meeting.
- Call to Order.
- Consider approval of Minutes: August 28, 2023.
- Receive update on Parks and Recreation activities.
- Receive update on Texas Arbor Day.
- Discuss potential places for additional athletic equipment at current parks.
- Discuss monthly park beautification days.
- Discuss Lanana Creek Trail clean up.
- Discuss future goals and vision for Parks and Recreation Advisory Board.
The C.L. Simon Recreation Center is wheelchair accessible and accessible parking spaces are available. Requests for
accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the Assistant Community
Services Director, Jessica Sowell, at 936-559-2940 or Fax 936-564-1759 for further information.
This agenda is posted to comply with G. C. Section 551.041. For more information or a copy of the Open Meetings Act, please
contact the Attorney General of Texas at 1-800-252-8011; the City Secretary at 936-559-2506 or visit the City of Nacogdoches
website at www.ci.nacogdoches.tx.us
I certify the notice of meeting was posted in the directory outside of the C.L. Simon Recreation Center, 1112 North
Street, Nacogdoches, Texas on September 22th, 2023 at 4:00 p.m. and remained posted until the meeting was