Date: Sept 15 – Oct 20, 2023
Eateries to battle for best burger bragging rights
Beginning Friday, September 15th, locals and visitors will have the opportunity to join in the fun as Main Street kicks off its second annual Brick Street Burger Battle. 7 downtown eateries will create a special Burger Battle recipe for patrons to devour and vote which burger is the Brick Street Burger Battle Champion.
To learn how you can vote for the best burger and a chance to win a cash prize* follow the steps below!
- Pick up a game card at any participating location or at the Visitor Center. Keep that card for the duration of the Brick Street Burger Battle.
- Try some burgers! Try the competing burgers at participating restaurants and have a restaurant employee stamp your card. The more burger locations you visit the greater the cash prize drawing you’ll be entered to. One Burger = One Stamp. Two game cards can not be stamped for one burger.
- Have fun and snap post a picture of you enjoying one of the Burger Battle recipes! Use the hashtag #BrickStreetBurgerBattles
- Turn in your card by Friday, October 20th at 5:00 p.m. to the CVB. The game card will also have a place for you to vote for your favorite burger – don’t forget to vote! Cards do not have to be completed to be turned in.
The Brick Street Burger Battle is from Friday, September 15th – Friday October 14th. During this time, customers are able to visit all seven restaurants and have their cards stamped. The Battle ends on the 14th- Cards can not be stamped past that date.
Customers have until Friday, October 20th at 5:00 p.m. to take their card to the CVB (200 E Main) to have their vote counted and to be entered into a drawing. To be eligible to be placed in a drawing, your card needs to be filled out and have at least 2 stamps from participating restaurants.
The more restaurants you have stamped on your card, the higher the cash prize you’ll be entered into. Cash Prizes are divided up as follows:
- 2 to 3 stamps – Customers are entered into a drawing for $100
- 4 to 6 stamps – Customers are entered into a drawing for $250
- 7 Stamps – Customers are entered into a drawing for $500
The more restaurants you have stamped on your card, the more points your vote will receive. The restaurant with the highest amount of points will win the Brick Street Burger Battle Champion title. Points will be counted depending on how many stamps your card has:
- 2 stamps – the restaurant you voted for will receive 2 points
- 3 stamps – the restaurant you voted for will receive 3 points
- 4 stamps – the restaurant you voted for will receive 4 points
- 5 stamps – the restaurant you voted for will receive 5 points
- 6 stamps – the restaurant you voted for will receive 6 points
- 7 stamps – the restaurant you voted for will receive 7 points
The Brick Street Burger Battle Champion and the cash drawing winners will be announced on Saturday, October 21st 3:00 pm, on Facebook Live on the Main Street Facebook Page, https://www.facebook.com/DowntownNac
Main Street Nacogdoches, TX 75961 – 9365592970
Brendyn’s BBQ: (Fridays and Saturdays only 11am-sold out)
House made Boudin and brisket patty topped with Pepper Jack cheese, pickle, onions, and a remoulade burger sauce on a brioche bun.
Clear Springs Nacogdoches: Surf and Turf Burger (served during regular business hours)
A cheese burger with Monterey Jack cheese topped with 3 shrimp brochette, crispy onion strings, lettuce, pico de gallo, and our homemade remoulade dressing. If we’re open, it will be available. You don’t want to miss this one!
The Cottage Wine Bar: (Thursday to Saturday 5 to 9pm)
A fusion of Filet Mignon from American beef, a taste of Mediterranean lamb, baby spinach, sun dried tomatoes and German blue cheese, topped with red cabbage slaw drizzled with Thai chili oil served on grilled Italian Chibata with an Asian Inspired spread Accompanied with Japanese Shashito green peppers dusted with sea salt.
Dolli’s Diner: Big Kahuna Burger $15 (Served During Regular Business Hours)
A fresh hand pattied all beef burger seasoned and grilled, topped with grilled ham and a seared pineapple ring with a drizzle of teriyaki sauce, melted swiss cheese, and finished with a garnish of sweet and spicy slaw on a toasted Brioche bun….served with fries, rings or tots! If we are open we are serving it for ya!
Fredonia Hotel: Baddy Melt
2 smash patties, candied bacon onion marmalade, American cheese , Fred sauce, caramelized onions, Upside down crispy brioche buns served with hand cut old bay fries.
Pemberley’s at The Jones House: The Three Bs Burger $18.95 plus tax (Tuesday- Friday 11:00 to 2:00)
A juicy beef patty, topped with bacon jam, a slightly sweet blueberry sauce, basil, tarragon aioli, creamy brie cheese, red onions, and fresh arugula on a toasted hamburger bun.
Stone House Kitchen:
A half pound patty house made from pork belly & beef, seasoned with a Filipino inspired Adobo Glaze, Lots of melty cheese, topped with a Red Cabbage & Jicama Slaw on a Brioche bun.